Dear colleagues, the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) invites you to a webinar “Measuring sustainable development knowledge and skills: Are we there yet?” devoted to reporting on methodological progress on SDG 4.7.
The webinar will be held on June 29, 2020 15:00-16:30 GMT+1 and will offer a closer look at two thematic indicators approved for SDG 4.7 monitoring – 4.7.4 on global citizenship and 4.7.5 on environmental science. In addition, a new proposed indicator on breadth of skills will be reviewed. Speakers, and moderator include:
- Silvia Montoya, Director at the UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- Andres Sandoval Hernandez, Reader, University of Bath
- Esther Care, Senior Fellow, Brookings
- Luis Crouch, Senior Economist at RTI International, (moderator)
During the webinar, the invited guest speakers will go into more detail on the following objectives:
- to present the methodological developments for Thematic Indicators 4.7.4 and 4.7.5, including different concepts;
- to explain how International Large Scale Assessments (ILSA) can be used as powerful instruments to report on SDG Indicators 4.7.4 and 4.7.5;
- to introduce the conceptual framework for a newly proposed indicator for Target 4.7 on breadth of skills.
Details, including a concept note and background materials, are available here.
In order to register for the webinar, please, use this link.